About

Who Are We?

11:01

Hi peeps!

Let me kick start this travel blog by introducing to you who are Girlies Bring é Boy Out! (ps. I'm new to blogging, so please bear with me if my posts sound boring or strange because of my poor english) Basically we are 5 ordinary Singaporean girls in our early twenties, who are currently pursuing our individual dreams and passion abroad. Though we are 5 really different girls in terms of personality, interest and background, but we all have one common passion: TRAVELING!!! 

If "fate brought us together" sounds too cliché, then "airplane brought us together" sounds the most relevant. We met during our diploma days years back studying aviation (it sounds cool, ikr!), since then, we became each other's best gal pals! Of course, being aviation students, we love all kinds of airplane related thing and absolutely enjoy traveling (very fortunately we are able to travel quite often too). Ever since we've graduated from poly, we all have been busy working hard in life, some of us went on to pursue our dream career and some continued to pursue a degree. 



But for this year, 2015, is a year where we go "International", we are no longer trapped in our small tiny red dot, going for occasional short getaway only to nearby countries, but each of us were granted the chance to travel far away from home to explore more of this world. Therefore, we created this blog to record all our wanderlust moments and to share some insights of places we have been to. 



Sorry, I tend to be quite long winded most of the time... I shall move on to telling you more about each of us.


Joslyn



If you are wondering who represents the Boy, quite obvious, is her. (I'm so gonna get virtual punch by her)

Joslyn is one extraordinary girl who's worth all of our respect. Her passion and dream was always to be a pilot. Therefor, after diploma, she made the toughest decision and signed on to Singapore Air Force as UAV pilot and serving our nation as a soldier. *Salute*



This year, she set off to Canberra, Australia to pursue her 4 years long aviation degree under scholarship in University of New South Wales, Australian Defence Force Academy. Joslyn loves adventures and outdoor activities, so be sure to you will get some insight tips on visiting outdoor attractions in those exciting Oceania cities!

Joslyn's AFDA moments

Sunrise in Perth's Meelup beach

Fireworks in Canberra

Bell Rapids in Perth



Gina


Gina is currently a final year Business student in Singapore's prestigious Nanyang Technology University, majoring in Human Resource. This girl definitely has a heart of gold and a bright mind (NTU leh~). Despite missing out on the chance to go for an overseas exchange, which is what most uni students do, she went through a hell lot of ups and downs, and was blessed for an opportunity to do an overseas internship in Taipei, Taiwan. She finally managed to set off for Taipei early this year in January for her six months long adventure.



Gina loves exploring interesting food places and has a superior taste bud. Stay tune for her critics and reviews on various street stalls, cafes and restaurants in the land of night markets! 


Ceramic cup making in Tainan 

Softie in Tainan

Railway tunnel at Fulong

Famous bubble tea at Gong Guan Flea Market



Maggie


"You only live once" is the best quote to describe her carefree personality, her free spirit always inspires the rest of the girlies to go after what they want in life. Despite being really retarded at times, she definitely is the one who will always bring laughters to people around her. Her childhood dream was to be a air stewardess, traveling around the world. Therefore, during our diploma days, she had a glimpse of a cabin crew's life from her internship in Tiger Air. This opportunity allows her to explore almost every Tiger destination in SEAsia. 

After diploma and her degree on Events, she headed on to pursue this childhood dream of being a air stewardess. This year, she started her full-time stewardess career in Japan's national airline and left this sunny island for Tokyo, Japan for her 3 months intensive training. 



Being a fashionista, Maggie loves shopping and has a distinct sense for fashion. But as a traveller, she enjoys doing all sorts of things like cafe hopping, visiting theme parks, sight seeing. Yolo you see, die die must get the best out of everything. Now, Maggie has started her flying career, I guarantee you Maggie will provide you with all the essential information and tips for Tokyo, New York and many more destinations that her airline flies to! 

For tips on her other trips within SEAsia, please visit her personal blog www.maggielala.blogspot.com!!!

Tokyo Disney Land

Waterfall at Nikko

Cherry Blossom at Shinjuku Gyoen

First Apple Store in NYC



Jane

The girl who carries all the good personalities; adventurous, bold, smart, kind, out going, encouraging and the list goes on. Being an enthusiastic student leader back in poly days, Jane is always the figure head (big one) in school. Always go all out for things that she is passionate about. Hence, after diploma, through perseverance, she managed to get into one of every singaporean girl's dream airline as stewardess and was a Singapore Girl for the past 3 years. 

She might be the only "stay home" girl for this year, but she definitely has seen sooooo much more of this world than any of us! 

(she is so gonna kill me too for digging this out)

Being such a globetrotter, Jane has stepped foot on many cities across USA, Europe, Asia, or basically, the whole world. She loves food and the nature (like forest and cliffs hahaha), and has a adventurous spirit to explore unique and interesting places where normal tourist might not have heard of. Be sure that her posts will be full of exciting and interesting information on many destinations where most people dream to go!

Random dam in Amsterdam

Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransico

Red Square in Moscow

Gyeongbokgung in Seoul



Pui Kei



Last but not least, this is me. In case you don't know how to pronounce my name, my girlies call me PK, and my current friends call me Kay (thats exactly how Kei is pronounced as but i step one angmor).

Not going to self-praise but I guess everyone knows I carries all the qualities I have mentioned about other girlies. KIDDING~ I'm a humble girl, and live by the moto "If not now, then when?". Used to be an unadventurous girl, but all I can say is, I am fearless now. So, since young I always like to travel, not that I travel often as a kid, but I just love the excitement of going for a holiday. Together with other girlies (exclude the boy), I interned at Tiger Air as cabin crew too and continued on as a part time crew. This opportunity gave me so much exposure to the world outside. I travelled like mad in my 4 years of Tiger part-time career, this has also ignited the wanderlust spirit in me. 

So after diploma, I pursued a degree in Tourism and Hospitality under University of Sunderland which based in Singapore and currently I'm in my final year now. This year, I decided to head over to main campus in Sunderland,UK for my last year of my degree life. 




I love to eat, I mean who doesn't right?? However, besides food, I do love to travel around to experience each destination's unique culture and nature as well. Being quite a picky person, I must say, I am a good trip planner because very particular on certain things. Because I am so difficult to please and doesn't like to please others, I often rather travel solo. So stay tune for my yolo and solo travel tips around UK and Europe!

Calton Hill in Edinburg

Stonegate in York

Windermere cruise at Lake District

Charles Bridge in Prague



Soooooo.....


 We are Girlies Bring é Boy Out,
We went International this year,
and...

our adventures begins.


xx PK


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook