Banstead

[Banstead, UK] Mayfield Lavender Farm

18:14

Hello! Jane here. I know I suggested this idea but haven't blog a single entry. Truth is I had difficulty deciding where to blog about since I love so many places that I have been to. After which I was so busy with assignments. So now that that's all over, I've decided that my first entry shall be about the most recent trip to Mayfield Lavender Farm in Banstead near London!

I was so lucky to be rostered for a London flight on the only weekend that Pk is free! So yes, another #girliesbringéboyoutinternational meet up. Decided to go the lavender field at the outskirts of London that I had been to about two years ago with Michelle since it is in full bloom now again.

Tip: To find directions in London or other major cities, download the Citymapper app as it comes in handy most of the time. Including live updates of tube breakdowns/servicing, approximate cab fare, alert to get off, etc.

Before we started our "photoshoot", I had a lavender fairy cake (actually it's just a cupcake) and a cup of lavender tea. Pk had the lavender scone and lavender earl grey tea. All of it are so yummy! And atmosphere on point when we had them just beside the rows of lavender blooms. 







I kind of like it that the bee photobombed me and "landed" on my head in the photo. So cute! There are lots of bees flying around the lavender field. I guess they are pretty attracted to it! Wherever and whenever I see lavender, I see bees. As long as you don't bother about them, they're fine. They're too busy "working" I guess. 





Obviously this is edited on my phone. But it is really gorgeous in real life and not as dark as it appears in other photos. This photo is taken by a really kind passerby lady while we sat down in between the rows of lavender to selfie. Kind of unexpected that the photo turned out so well.


Lavender season runs from end of May to mid September according to the farm's website. However they also advised the best time for photos are between July to August. 

Address:
Croydon Lane,
Banstead
SM7 3BE

Opening hours:
9.30am - 7.00pm
*Subjected to the season. Please check the website for the opening days.

How we got there from Central London:
Take overland train from London Bridge station to Woodmansterne station.
Take bus 166 and alight at Oaks Park in 8 stops. 
The field is just behind the bus stop. 

You can use the oyster card throughout the journey and not required to purchase additional tickets. It takes about close to two hours, including waiting and transfer time. Serves as a good half day trip out of London and away from the busy city.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook